Connect with us

Sports

Bruno Fernandes Is Spotted Dining With Al-Hilal ‘Secret Agent’  Amidst  £200m Saudi Mega-Move

Published

on

Our Editor

Bruno Fernandes was spotted dining with an Al Hilal star, further fueling speculation surrounding a potential move to the Saudi Pro League.

The Manchester United captain has an offer worth £200milion over a three-year contract to join Al-Hilal who awaits his response to their £700,000-a-week tax-free deal, before approaching the Red Devils with an offer in the region of £100m.

Mail Sport understands Fernandes’ agent, Miguel Pinho, spent three days at the Four Seasons hotel in Riyadh last week, where he held face-to-face talks with Al-Hilal officials.

But Fernandes’ agent was not the only one in contact with Al Hilal personnel.

The player himself was spotted at Joao Cancelo’s birthday party over the weekend, sharing a group meal to celebrate the former Manchester City star turning 31.

The two countrymen will both suit up for the Portuguese national team later this week, but the timing of this link-up will only send speculation soaring.

Fernandes has been given a week to decide if he wants to accept Al Hilal’s three-year £200m contract offer

The Manchester United captain just recently jetted back from United’s post-season tour in the Far East, where they lost in Malaysia against ASEAN All-Stars.

After the second game of their tour, in which they came back from a goal down to beat Hong Kong 3-1, Ruben Amorim insisted he does not believe Fernandes has played his last match for United.

‘I don’t think so. I don’t know for sure. I think he wants to stay. He is saying no to a lot of things,” Amorim said

‘The club can find other ways to make money. The feeling I get is that he wants to continue for sure with Man United, you never know.’

Bruno said ‘If the club thinks it’s time to part ways because they want to do some cashing in or whatever, it’s what it is. Football sometimes is like this.’

Al Hilal are keen to sign the Portugal international in time for the revamped 32-team Club World Cup, which begins on June 14.

They have been drawn in Group H alongside European champions Real Madrid, Red Bull Salzburg and Mexican side Pachuca.

Teams are expected to take this year’s Club World Cup more serious than ever, considering the mammoth prize pool at stake, which could be why Al Hilal are so keen on signing Fernandes as soon as possible.

The side that takes the trophy home will receive a windfall of $40m (£30m), while a team winning of their games could see them land up to $125m (£92m).

For reference, the winner of the Champions League earns around £120m, while the Premier League champions typically earn between £38m and £40m for finishing first. 

Culled from Daily Mail

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

News2 days ago

Over 2 Million People Across the World Grace Interment of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi

As Gov. Bala Hosts VP Shettima, Atiku, NSA, Ministers, Others By Umar Usman Duguri Bauchi State stood agog as Governor...

News2 days ago

District Head of Shira, BERI Advocate Safer Cyber Space for Women, Girls

The traditional leader of Shira, in Bauchi State, Alhaji Ibrahim Umar Farouq has declared support for advocacy against cyber threats,...

News2 days ago

Bauchi NAWOJ Wins National Award as Best Performing Chapter, Presents Honour to SA Media

Beatrice Gondyi Bauchi The Bauchi State chapter of the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ) has been honoured with a...

News3 days ago

Bauchi Governor Presents ₦878.2 Billion 2026 Budget Proposal to State Assembly

From Paul Orude, Bauchi Bauchi State Governor, Sen. Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed, on Thursday presented the sum of ₦878,252,907,000 as the...

News4 days ago

JUST IN: Renowned Islamic Scholar Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi Dies at 102

By Umar Usman Duguri Renowned Islamic scholar, leader and cleric, Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi, has passed away at the age...

News4 days ago

Bauchi Governor Mourns Renowned Islamic Scholar Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi

From Paul Orude Bauchi  Bauchi State Governor, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of one...

News4 days ago

Bauchi: Gov Bala Mohammad’s Administration Sets For More Borrowing

From Paul Orude, Bauchi Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has disclosed that his administration will borrow more funds. Mohammed...

News6 days ago

RAAMP: Bauchi, FG and Partners Flag Off Construction of 318 km Roads

From Paul Orude, Bauchi Bauchi Government has disbursed over N6 billion in counterpart funds to support the construction of hundreds...

News7 days ago

Gov Mohammed Mourns  Abu Ali, Former Military Administrator of Bauchi State

From Paul Orude Bauchi  A former military administrator of Bauchi State retired Brigadier General Abu Ali is Dead. The news...

News7 days ago

Bauchi Shuts All Schools Over Heightened Security Threats

From Paul Orude, Bauchi The Bauchi State Government has ordered the immediate closure of all primary, secondary, and tertiary schools...

Trending

Exit mobile version